so first things first. i got ‘tagged’ by my friends at create business growth so you must endure the nonsense that is learning 8 random things about me. please try to keep up. i live life in the fast lane.
1. Post these rules before you give you the facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names (linking to them).
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged!
all righty: 8 random facts about erin
1. i moved to phoenix on a whim almost four years ago and am now married and a homeowner.
2. i used to be a lift operator at breckenridge ski resort
3. i have been a baker for a coffee shop (yes, i got up at 4:30. yes, me. i did that).
4. i was on an episode of last comic standing. in the crowd. in tempe.
5. i pierced my tongue when i was 23 specifically to anger my folks. it worked brilliantly and was removed promptly after.
6. i am scared of things that are underwater that are not supposed to be there (sunken ships, old towns that were flooded for a dam, old boats…)
5. i talk to my yellow lab like she is a person on a regular basis
6. at some point in my life, i will learn how to fly
7. i helped write, direct, and produce a musical when i was in college
8. when i was in 8th grade, my basketball team beat another school 19-0. true story. i scored three points in that game: a shot launched from half court at the half time buzzer.
okay, i’m tagging these folks: you now give us your random 8.
now on to the sense part of the issue where i talk durtbagz. (that seems weird, huh?)
the coolest thing has been happening since i announced that we were actually ordering the bags and that they were finally being produced. this cool thing is called support. and it is incredible. i don’t want to say that i am surprised, but i am, really.
i have been pumped about this company for so long. pretty much, i eat, sleep and drink durtbagz. i wake up in the middle of the night, thinking about how to brand the name and themes for the contest and signs. oh the signs. and i love it. i love durtbagz (that may go on a shirt someday).
and as it turns out, you guys love it too.
it is really amazing to hear my friends and family be as excited as me to finally see the product. they talk about how they are going to promote my stuff and where. and more than that, they tell me how proud they are of me and how thrilled they are for me to have made this into a reality. wow. i didn’t start this business to get accepted or be appreciated, but i won’t turn it away. to have the people that i care about most in this world cheering for me…it is just the best feeling ever.
being an entrepreneur can get pretty lonely. and it gives me so much confidence (like i need more, right?)to know that even though it feels like i’m standing here all by myself, i can look behind me and see everybody clapping and waving and yelling for me. and that makes me want to go from a jog to a sprint. i am fully amazed at the unexpected boost it has given and continues to give me.
now, i’m not just doing this for me. i have a responsibility to keep you all in that state of mind. turns out, i like being rallied behind and applause. so now that i know how good it feels to have your support, i’m going to keep working and earning it. because i did not realize how important it was to me until this week. and it’s like crack. and now i’m addicted. thanks a lot.
i now pose a request to you: i want to hear about a time in your life when you were cheered. it could be anything; a sporting event, you lost a tooth, you drank three shots in a row, you won musical chairs, you were bailed out of jail, you rode a motorcycle in a big, metal ball (translation: you are circus people)…whatever. i have shared my feel-good-story of the
day month and i want to hear yours.
only one more day until flake-off friday and it’s been a long time… i will make it good. wait a second, tomorrow is friday. what?