today, i am fried. fried in my brain and fried in my body. i’ve been working some crazy hours and we hit 113 degrees here yesterday. stop asking me why i live here, i don’t have an answer for you. apparently i’m not nearly as smart as i thought i was.
so, to put myself in a lighter mood, i’ve come up with the top 10 best things happening at durtbagz right now. the video i posted just makes me laugh and has nothing to do with the post.
here we go:
10. i successfully negotiated a lower rate on my merchant account for processing credit cards. boring, but a good thing.
9. i got myself a business toll free phone number/voicemail system. even more boring, but necessary and checked off of the list. please don’t ask about how long it took to set it up. that belongs in the top 10 worst things to waste your time ever list.
8. yesterday, i figured out a cheaper way to ship the products than i was using before. still bored? yeah, me too. but, that means more moolah to use on marketing, aka doing funny stuff to attract attention. my favorite.
7. i only have 30 bags remaining of the initial 80 produced from the first round. i’ve delivered 50 in a little over two and a half weeks. not bad.
6. every time i’ve carried a bag in public, i’ve had at least one person ask me about it.
5. the durtbagz cards that will go in the pocket of each bag delivered (for the owners to hand out to those that ask about the products) will be ready by the time we hit breckenridge oktoberfest in two weeks (where we’ll be giving out free shwag).
4. we’ve come up with two solid ideas for durtbagz videos to be produced in the near future. and when i say solid, i mean solid.
3. today, i started submitting the website content for each page to my developers now that the design for the homepage is finally done.
2. the mullet sign is being digitized and in the next week, i’ll know whether we’re going to keep printing or embroider the bags so i can begin ordering the next round.
1. the mullet sign makes me laugh again, which i haven’t done with these signs in a long, long, long time. it is a breath of fresh air to me since i’ve been scrutinizing each sign for the last six months. i think it’s going to be one of our best signs and that makes me happy.
sorry if you were bored, but i needed to remind myself that things are moving forward, even if they are slower than i’d like. we are making progress and soon enough, we’ll be selling bagz. lots and lots and lots of bagz.
some day in the future, i’ll look back on this time and think, ‘i can’t believe how rich and famous and popular and famous and awesome i am now.’
kidding. who do you think i am? i’ll think, ‘i sure am glad we moved out of the easy bake oven and back to the mountains where our kids won’t vaporize before our eyes from the heat.’ yeah, that’s more like it.