i was not a cheerleader in high school. shocking, isn’t it? which is probably why i think this funny street sign is pretty freaking hilarious.
it’s funny, because it’s true.
i’m sure it hurts like hell when you fall from heights like that. but, hello? why are you letting teenagers throw you in the air to begin with? i mean, really.
pop question: people between the ages of 12-17 do not always have the best a) upper body strength, b) reaction time, or c) intentions.
answer: how ’bout a combo of all three. i don’t know a single person from junior high to high school graduation that i’d trust with launching me up in the air and more importantly, catching me again. nary a one.
so, it seems to me that although these injuries can be pretty severe, they are also pretty avoidable. because, here’s the deal:
not one player on the court plays harder because you got thrown in the air. you will not win the game for us, because you were held by your legs in the splits position, up in the air. if you get thrown in the air and dropped, we could still lose.
there. the truth comes out.
so, since girls will continue to put their lives in the hands of: three girls who’ve eaten four saltines that day because their coach told them to shed some lb’s, one who’s mad because you kissed her boyfriend after they broke up, and another who’s wondering if she’s pregnant…we will continue to have clips like these, and girls who earn Durtbagz.
also, none of these clips contain things that would make you vomit, aka broken bones and that nonsense. i can’t watch stuff like that so i won’t make you.
10. stellar cheering skills and coordination win her the ten-spot.
9. oh amy. amy, amy, amy. don’t try to keep up with the others. the splits would have sufficed.
8. apparently cheerleading is not popular at this school. who knows why.
7. i’m not sure i could literally get kicked in the head like that. girl, that durtbag is yours. (for those of you that might be slow…there are lame effects, but the sound isn’t one.)
6. i’m not sure who should get the bag on this one. the one that gets clipped, or the one that just watches and continues posing. she’s definitely sleeping with the clipped girls boyfriend.
5. anyone who sticks their head out to help a teammate is a durtbag in my book. (that pun was awesome).
4. the third girl gets the bag because she managed to take one extra down with her.
3. nothing like live tv. nice recovery, ron burgendy.
2. the winner of this montage is the girl at the 0:23 mark. not only does she try again on the second pass, she fails. again. awesome.
1. ain’t no party like a cheerleader party, ’cause a cheerleader party don’t stop. of course this was number one. cheering on the got dam stretcher, being wheeled out? dayum.
i’m sure i’ll get all kinds of nonsense that cheerleading is a serious sport. it is not a serious sport. it is seriously dangerous, but it’s not a sport. it’s gymnastics in skirts.
yes, you compete against other teams, but it’s not for cheering. it’s for doing synchronized gymnastics routines. i’ve never seen a team win because they clapped hard and fake ran. besides, who are your cheering for in a cheering competition? none of your schools teams are there. it’s just you.
anyway, this is my blog and that’s what i think. so there. agree? disagree?